About our holiday cottage
No expense was spared when we renovated our Texel holiday home ‘Het Kwade Konijn’. We’ll explain the name ‘Het Kwade Konijn’ shortly, but first something about the cottage. The entire house is stylishly decorated and spacious, and has been remodelled to be a net zero energy building, giving you the opportunity to experience the comfort of a net zero energy home. We hope our guests will feel at home here; everything has been designed for your comfort.
The cottage’s name, ‘Het Kwade Konijn’ (translated ‘The Angry Rabbit’), has nothing to do with rabbits fighting in the spring. It refers to a trip to France, where previous owners of the cottage found a fossil with unusual markings. The children thought it looked like an angry rabbit and took the fossil home to Texel. The fossil was later cemented into the chimney of their cottage, which has been known as ‘Het Kwade Konijn’ ever since.
As well as being your host during your stay at our holiday cottage, I’m a passionate bird watcher and wildlife photographer specialising in birds. All the information and options for excursions can be found on the birdingtexel.com website. As the cottage is so close to the mudflats, the polders, the Dorpzicht wildlife area, the salt marshes of De Slufter and the North Sea, you are right in the heart of ‘bird paradise’: wonderful natural surroundings visited daily by many different bird species. We would love to share ‘Het Kwade Konijn’ and its gorgeous surroundings.
Jos van den Berg
The cottage has 170 m2 of living space, spread amply over two floors of modern, luxuriously designed rooms.
The ground floor has:
- an open kitchen equipped with a combination microwave oven, a fridge with a freezer compartment, and a dishwasher
- a spacious living room with a cosy dining area, seating nook, flat-screen television and double doors leading onto the garden terrace
- bedroom no. 1 with two single beds (90 x 210 cm)
- bathroom with shower, toilet, washbasin and washing machine-dryer unit
- toilet no. 2
The first floor has:
- bedroom no. 2 with two single beds (90 x 210 cm) and a washbasin
- bedroom no. 3 with two single beds (90 x 210 cm) and a washbasin
- a separate seating area with a French balcony and views of the garden
- bathroom no. 2 with a walk-in shower and washbasin
- toilet no. 3
A stair guard, a folding bed and child’s highchair are available in the cottage.
Good to know
You can park your car on the premises; there is an internet connection; the garden is enclosed by a fence; smoking and pets are not allowed in the cottage.
Check in from 4 p.m.
Check out by 10.30 a.m.
Come and enjoy the peace and quiet.